About Library Hub Services
Library Hub Discover
Jisc Library Hub Discover exposes rare and unique research material by bringing together the catalogues of major UK and Irish libraries. In a single search you can discover the holdings of the UK’s National Libraries (including the British Library), many university libraries, and specialist research libraries. This new service is being built on the Jisc National Bibliographic Knowledgebase, whilst the new interface development is part of wider Jisc Library Services redevelopment activity; see the Transformation Projects blog for more information about this work.
The pilot Discover service includes the catalogues of a limited number of libraries, as shown below, with new libraries being added regularly. The functionality of the pilot service is at an early stage and we will be adding new facilities gradually over coming months. In this initial release you can do a keyword search of the merged library catalogues, view results and details of materials found. For more information, see "What happens next" below.
Discover service: Libraries included in pilot
The catalogues of the following libraries are included in the initial release of the pilot Discover service.
Library Hub Cataloguing
The Library Hub Cataloguing pilot allows eligible libraries to search and download MARC records for use in their local catalogue. This service is available through a web interface and Z39.50 connection, both of which require authentication. Access is available to current Library Hub contributors and Jisc members. To request access, please complete this formAccess the Library Hub Cataloguing service web interface
For more information, see "What happens next" below.
What happens next
This is a pilot service, with the full Library Hub Discover and Compare and Cataloguing services due to launch at the end of July 2019. Until the launch date we will be continuing to load the catalogues of contributing libraries to the Discover and Cataloguing pilot services, as well as adding data updates. We will be also be taking feedback on the interfaces and continuing to release new search facilities on the Discover pilot service.
- Feb 4th 2019: pilot service launched
- March 19 2019: community roadshow in Manchester
- Library Hub staff will be at UKSG: April 2019
- July 31st 2019: Library Hub Discover and Compare and Library Hub Cataloguing live service launch
- July 31st 2019: Copac, CCM Tools, SUNCAT, and RLUK database functions now fulfilled by Library Hub Discover and Compare, and Library Hub Cataloguing
The following libraries have all supplied their catalogue for inclusion in the Jisc Library Hub and we are gradually adding these to the Discover service. Once a catalogue is loaded, updates will be added as they are supplied by the libraries. This list will be regularly updated as new libraries confirm their involvement and become contributors. This does not include many libraries who have confirmed their interest in participating but who are yet to supply a copy of their catalogue.
- Aberystwyth University
- Aston University
- Bangor University
- Bar Convent, Durham
- Bowes Museum
- Birkbeck, University of London
- Bishopsgate Institute
- British Library
- British Museum
- British School at Athens
- British School at Rome
- Brunel University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Cardiff University
- Chetham's Library
- City, University of London
- Courtauld Institute of Art
- Cranfield University
- Directory of Open Access Books
- Durham Cathedral
- Durham University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Energy Institute
- French Institute
- Geological Society
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Glyndwr University
- Hathi Trust
- Henry Moore Institute
- Historic England
- Imperial College London
- Institute of Ismaili Studies
- Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Keele University
- King's College London
- Leadhills Miners' Library
- Leeds Beckett University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- The London Library
- London Metropolitan University
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Manchester Public Libraries, Special Collections
- National Gallery
- National Library of Wales
- National Museums Scotland
- National Portrait Gallery
- National Railway Museum
- National Trust
- Natural History Museum
- Newcastle University
- NHS Wales
- Northumbria University
- Open University
- Paul Mellon Centre
- Queen Mary, University of London
- Queen Margaret University
- Queen's University, Belfast
- Rothamsted Research
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal Asiatic Society
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- Royal College of Music
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- Royal Observatory of Edinburgh
- Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
- Sainsbury Institute for the Study of Japanese Arts and Culture
- Saint George's Chapel, Windsor
- Science Museum
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Society of Friends
- Swansea University
- The National Archives Library
- Trinity College Dublin
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
- University for the Creative Arts
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Bath
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bristol
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Hull
- University of Leeds
- University of Leicester
- University of Liverpool
- University of London, Bibliographical Society Library
- University of London, Heythrop College
- University of London, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
- University of London, Institute of Classical Studies
- University of London, Institute of Historical Research
- University of London, Senate House
- University of London, Wallace Collection
- University of London, Warburg Institute
- University of Manchester
- University of Oxford
- University of Reading
- University of Sheffield
- University of Southampton
- University of South Wales
- University of St Andrews
- University of Sussex
- University of Wales, Trinity Saint David
- University of Warwick
- University of York
- Ushaw College
- Victoria and Albert Museum libraries
- Wellcome Trust
- Winchester College Fellows' Library
- York Minster
Privacy and cookies
Please see the Jisc privacy notice for information about how we manage personal data (at https://www.jisc.ac.uk/website/privacy-notice).
If you have any questions about this please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are small text files that are stored by your web browser. They have a variety of uses including making web sites work more effectively and recording details of web site usage.
- To provide support for your use of the site;
- To record general usage information to help us understand our users and ensure we are providing the right support. This allows us to ask questions such as: 'last month what proportion of Library Hub Discover searchers used a mobile device such as an iPad?'
Details about Library Hub Discover cookie use are given below.
Cookies for Functionality
These cookies are used on Library Hub Discover to improve your website experience.
Your session ID is recorded in a cookie. This ties together all the elements of your search session making the search process more efficient.
|When you close your browser|
Cookies for Measuring Website Usage (Google Analytics)
Library Hub Discover, Library Hub Cataloguing and Jisc use Google Analytics to gather information, which helps Jisc understand how the service is being used and identify areas for improvement. You can find details about how Google uses data at: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245. If you wish you can opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, see: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Details of general Jisc cookie use is given at https://www.jisc.ac.uk/website/cookies
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.||2 years|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.||24 hours|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to minimise impact on the site's performance||1 minute|
Copyright and disclaimer
Materials contained on this website are subject to copyright and other proprietary rights.
Please note that due to licensing and other data reuse restrictions, an institution’s whole catalogue may not be represented on the Cataloguing service.
The data accessible through the Cataloguing service is intended for library use only within eligible institutions. Any data retrieved from this service is not for commercial use. Libraries wishing to grant access, in future, to third parties for retroconversion or other cataloguing work should first contact us to discuss access arrangements.
The Library Hub Discover service has taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate on the stated date of publication or last modification. It is possible that the information may be out of date, incomplete or the opinion of the author. It is advisable that you verify any information from this website before relying on it.
If you are aware of any errors within the site, please contact the Helpdesk at email@example.com (please state that your enquiry is for the Library Hub Discover team).
The Library Hub Discover service accepts no responsibility for the consequences of error or for any loss or damage suffered by users of any of the information and material contained on this website or any site you may access through this site.